When it comes to water resistance, trust only Maanta waterproof shade sails!
Our sun sails have some important advantages:
- sealed seams for double protection in all garden sails.
- Purishade® fabric that is both waterproof and breathable thanks to our long research and advanced technologies.
- x-tension technology guarantees perfect tension
- Solaria is the only shade sail with radial cutting
- Saill and Solaria are the only shade sails with a perimeter that can be tensioned using adjustable straps.
This differentiates us from others and thanks to these features we can guarantee a 100% waterproof sun sails that last.
Saill, Solaria & the Purishade®
Our waterproof shade sails made of premium made-in-Italy Purishade® fabric differ in the way they are cut:
- Saill is created with a digital straight cross-cut;
- Solaria is created with a digital radial cut.
In addition to the standard sizes, our premium sails can be custom-made for you with the online configurator, click here!
Saill and Solaria can be described as professional waterproof garden sails.
Purishade® fabric is what our high-quality premium sails have in common!
Maanta is always striving for perfection. We have been making sails since 2006 and have studied various fabrics over the years.
We want to offer you perfection in all Maanta products. In addition, we feel the need to contribute to the environment by choosing an eco-friendly fabric, so we started our research and after 3 years of specific studies and tests Purishade® was developed.
Purishade® is perfect in every aspect:
- it is more resistant than acrylic: perfect for our sail canopies that need to be stretched.
- it is both waterproof and breathable: it protects from rain without creating a cape effect.
- it protects from UV rays thanks to our polypropylene processing.
- polypropylene is a highly environmentally friendly and recyclable material, so by choosing a waterproof Saill or Solaria you are also taking care of the environment.
- It's like having a roof over your head even outdoors, a protection all year round.
EasyShade & Polyester 160gsm
The EasyShade is perfect for those who value convenience: it is our entry-level sail with an excellent value for money.
The fabric is a 160 gsm polyester with a double coating of polyurethane, an insulating material that provides double protection from rain and dirt. The double coating of polyurethane is one of the advantages of Maanta sails over competitors' sun sails by ensuring extra waterproofing.
The sail's seams are sealed to protect them from rain. This way the shade sail will last longer.
In addition, the sail is equipped with perimeter reinforcement straps. This allows the sail tension to be adjusted, ensuring that water can drain away.
The tension of the sail is guaranteed above all by the x-tension technology. In a square sail, for example, the corners are pulled diagonally opposite each other to create perfect tension (thus forming the letter X).
Other advantages of Maanta waterproof sails
- Protection from rain and dirt
- UV protection
- Breathable and waterproof sail thanks to Purishade® fabric
- Sealed Seams
- Care for the environment thanks to the eco-friendly fabric especially designed and manufactured.
- Long lasting colour fastness
- High resistance to tension and abrasion
Easy-to-install waterproof shade sails
Waterproof sails are easy to install by following our guides and video tutorials. Follow our guide.
Top tips for DIY installation: a professional result in just a few steps!
- Tilt the sail properly to allow rainwater to run off.
- Choose a drainage point, i.e. a corner at a lower height than the others.
- Tension correctly following the diagonals leading to the center of the sail.
Interesting facts about waterproof sail
Water resistance: how to tell the difference
Did you know that... the impermeability of a fabric is measured by the water column, also called water column pressure, which expresses in inches the water pressure that a material can withstand before water passes through it.
The EasyShade waterproof polyester 160 gsm has a water column of 2 inches.
Saill and Solaria Purishade® have a water column of 20 inches.
Imagine placing a glass tube on the sail and filling it with water. The water will pass through the sail after the tube is filled to 2 inches and 20 inches respectively.